GVS celebrates 70 years
The Guernsey Voluntary Service celebrated 70 years of service to the Island with a special afternoon tea hosted by Lady Corder at Government House. Some 30 guests enjoyed a delicious menu of sandwiches and cakes served by Government House staff.
Lady Corder congratulated and thanked all those who attended for their hard work with this great cause.
The GVS launched as an independent charity in 2011, however the charity's work preceded this date for many years when members volunteered as part of the Guernsey's Women's Voluntary Service branch which dates back to 1949.