Visits & Events
The Lieutenant-Governor and/or his partner regularly host or attend events in the Bailiwick of Guernsey and visit organisations and charities with which they are associated. Such visits are usually to commemorate a special occasion or anniversary, or to acknowledge organisations of special merit or value to the community. The Lieutenant-Governor, alongside the Bailiff, would also normally lead in the hosting of any Royal Visit to the Bailiwick.
Some examples of such events and visits would be:
- State ceremonies and commemorations
- Visits to public institutions and bodies e.g. schools, public services, hospitals, care homes etc
- Visits to charities and associations
- Hosting award ceremonies for public and voluntary bodies
- Hosting profile events for associated charities
- Hosting celebrations for 100th Birthdays and Special Wedding Anniversaries
Follow these links for details on how to apply/nominate for a visit or event or to discuss a potential Royal Visit.